Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34
We have a very active food pantry and new volunteers are always welcome. Come to the Fellowship Hall on any Thursday, 9:30 AM to Noon and see what it is all about. Other ways to help: You can leave the donations in the blue tub near the entryway in the narthex.
We also welcome donations of money to use to buy food to give to our clients. The food pantry runs entirely on donations outside the congregational budget. In 2015, approximately $24,000 was used to purchase food for our clients in the community.
The Pantry Board wishes to thank the congregation for their continued support of food, personal services and financial contributions. Our congregation and its volunteers provide a vital service to our community. This service is successful only through your support. Again, thank you for your prayers and monetary support.
Every 4th Sunday of the month is World Hunger Sunday – a time to pray about world hunger and opportunity to give. World Hunger envelopes are provided in the sanctuary pews for your convenience should you want to make a donation to alleviate hunger in our world.
- 795 million people around the world – that’s 1 in 10 – can’t access the food they need to live active, healthy lives.
- 1 billion people live in extreme poverty on less than $1.25 per day. That’s 14.5% of the world’s population.
- At some point in 2014, more than 48 million people in the United States were unsure where their next meal might come from.
- 46.7 million Americans were living in poverty in 2014. For a family of four, this means their annual household income was below $23,850.
- In 2014, 5.4 million seniors (over age 60), or 9% of all seniors were food insecure.
This group of people from the congregation pray for the concerns of our families, our community, our country, and our world. If you are interested in joining the Prayer Network or have a request for prayer, call the church office (356-6232).
Bread for the World
Bread for the World is a collective Christian voice urging our nation’s decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad.
Habitat for Humanity
Be a Part of Worship Support
Greeters, Welcomers, Ushers, Acolytes, Counters, Readers, Communion Deacons. (Sign up here to express interest).
More opportunities to serve…
Church Council, Committee Chairs and Members, and Office Volunteers.
Donations & Memorials
Link to some kind of donation app/service